Elements of Biography
Point of View:
- Marjane Satrapi is telling the story?
- I believe the author chose to tell the story this way because her story is one of perspective. Her story is told through her eyes and I believe she wanted readers to see what she saw and not just read about what she saw.
- The author is a reliable autobiographer. The story is her own story.
Elements of Graphic Design
Visual:
- I love that the novel is depicted in black and white. I think it adds to how "grim" and hard her life was. To me, color is joyful and her life during that time was not joyful. It was depressing, a time of discovery and figuring out who one is in such a hard, changing world.
- Satrapi illustrates these murders and casualties in a child-like way. There is no gore. On page 52, there is a man cut at the limbs but it is doll-like. It shows her innocence and her inability to really grasp what is going on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I agree Heather---I love the black and white because it makes it simple--couldn't agree more. This statement I would say the same thing
ReplyDelete